10.17.2016

Bound for the Promised Land

Well drum roll please . . . I'M HEADED TO EL PASO, TX. 

Here's how it all went down:

1. We got a call on Thrusday night from the Assistants to the President telling us that our area (Hatch and Truth or Consequence) was going to be pink washed . . .aka two new sisters were coming in to the area! We were not expecting AT ALL that both of us were going to be leaving. 

2. Then we get a call on Friday night from President Guffey (answering a call from your mission president only slightly makes you want to cry) and he called me to be an STL (sister training leader)! 

3. Saturday was the long awaited transfer call to tell us exactly where we were going . . . I'm headed to Montana Vista in El Paso to serve with Hermana Bosch!

This morning I was reading in the New Testament and I loved the part as Paul was writing a letter to the Corinthians about his missionary labors. In 2 Corinthians 4:17 he says:

7 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; 
This area . . . these past 5+ months have been the hardest in my very entire life. I have never worked so hard and never shed so many tears. There were many times where I didn't know what to do for these people or what to say, and all I could do was turn to the Lord. I've spent quite a lot of time on my knees begging for His guidance. He was there in the best and worst moments. Every step and every fall. I know that the Lord doesn't expect us to baptize the world or be perfect, but He does expect us to try and to do our best relying on Him. 

He allows us to go through trials and tribulations so that we can learn and grow. Like Paul said, our trials are for our benefit . . . our eternal benefit. So what if it might be hard right now? There's a reason. This past week we were talking to a man that was going through a lot of problems and he said that he just was done with having trials. The Spirit testified to and through me that we aren't going to be shielded from hardships even if we want to--they are a part of life. We can either suffer or we can suffer and learn. I'd rather get some type of participant's medal than nothing at all!

I'm not sure what exactly to think of the whole transfers thing. I'm sad to leave Hatch and TorC because you know, you invest so much in the area and these people and they'll always have a little bit of your heart. But I've heard El Paso referred to as "the promised land" more than once . . . so I'm sure good things await me there, right?

I'm so excited and grateful for the time I have left to serve my Heavenly Father. The past 15 months have been such a blessing and I know that the Lord has been shaping me and molding me into who I need to be. I feel so blessed that I have been an instrument in His hands to offer salvation to all His children. I know that there is something I have to do in El Paso, TX . . . or else the Lord wouldn't be sending me there, even if it may be for a small time! 

Mucho amor por supuesto! 

Hermana March

p.s. I do have some good news for all of you though! After 24 weeks of hard work and searching and searching and searching... A GOLDEN INVESTIGATOR ARRIVED. He was being taught by some sisters in Albuquerque, but technically lives in our area in TorC. We taught him a lesson yesterday and he's super cool and super duper prepared. He is going to be baptized October 29th.... so we're a little bummed that we'll miss his baptism by 11 days!

pictures: 

 me and a dog pal.... he tried to lick me, but that's nasty

 David and las hermanas

 "the field is white already to harvest" cute little cotton field!

one year ago today... cleaning the new temple president's house in temple jumpsuits (haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment