9.27.2016

I am a Child of God

Well this week was pretty sweet I do have to say! It was like Christmas, but better! We had so many good things happening this past week . . . I'll try to explain! 

1. ZONE CONFERENCE: It was awesome. There were about 40 of us with President and Sister Guffey, and it was just all day goodness. I love that at this zone conference we focused on teaching repentance. You know, I used to think that when someone would say "I'm going through the repentance process" that it was something bad . . . but I've realized that each and every one of us, each and every day should say "I'm going through the repentance process" . . . because, well, we're all sinners and we've all got a LOT of work to be doing! I'm forever grateful for the Savior and the chance He gives us to repent and become better day after day after day. 

2. WOMEN'S SESSION OF GENERAL CONFERENCE: wasn't that just awesome?! I always love going to hear the leaders of the church speaking specifically to the women of the church, and boy do they do a good job at it! I love the special role that women play in building up the kingdom! 

3. THE TEMPLE. We got to go to the temple. It was my fave thing of the week. I secretly wanted to hide in the temple and just live there forever. It's been 6+ months since I've stepped foot in a temple, and how grateful I am that we had that chance as a mission yesterday! It was a 3 hour drive each way, but so worth it! There is a spirit in the temple that you just can't beat. It's truly a refuge from the world. I feel so close to my Heavenly Father within those walls and I know that if I can be in the temple worthily, I am on the right track to getting home to Him safely. 

I think my thoughts for this week really just come back down to the love our Father in Heaven has for each and every one of - yes, every single one of us, no matter how imperfect or how lost. He loved us so much that He sent His son, Jesus Christ, to earth to pay the price for our sins and make repentance possible. He loves us so He gives us a modern prophet to lead and guide us through these often troubling and trying times. He loves us so much that He has provided harbors of safety throughout the world where we can go, worship, and learn from Him and His Holy Spirit. 

Here's a quote I recently heard by Ezra Taft Benson and LOVED: "Nothing is going to startle us more when we pass through the veil than to realize how well we know our Father and how familiar His face is to us." 

I testify that He is NOT a stranger. He knows us and we know Him. Of course, that memory has been dulled by the veil, but that memory is remembered day after day and prayer after prayer. So just do the small things . . . and you'll realize how well you know Him as your Father. 

Les quiero muchisimo! 

Hermana March

pictures:

 makin' my ristra

  Hatch is sure dang pretty

 companionship selfie at the temple! 

 in front of the temple

 in front of the temple

 sista friends

 the las cruces zone

 selfie stick tradition at the temple

look who I found! Hermanita Oliphant!

the original 3:  then, and  . . .

 . . . now. I can't believe it's been 15 months since the first picture of us 3 in Mexico City

 just like old days . . . laughing our guts out

 look who else I saw! Hermana Jolley!

my past 3 compas . . . .I love them





No comments:

Post a Comment