8.30.2016

PERFECT

Hola. Hola. Hola. Hermana March comin' in live from Hatch, NM. 

Okay, yeah, here's the highlights of the week:

1. Well sometimes knocking in the hot sun drains you . . . like big time. BUT tender mercy. This week we were knocking this trailer park and there were these 2 adorable puppies. They decided that we were their best friends and they followed us the WHOLE time - jumping on our legs and being all cute and stuff. Hermana Elephant said "if I could have puppies with me all the time while knocking all day in the sun, it might just be enjoyable!" hahaha

2. WE GOT CHILE. So we got chile this week . . . it was given to us and it put me on cloud nine. So in our little toaster oven I roasted them, peeled them, chopped them, and cooked them. And it was the bomb. And then I touched my eyes and began to cry for the next 20 minutes. #lolatmylife

3. We have a recent convert here in Hatch and he LOVES the story of Nephi building a boat. He's been begging us to build popsicle stick boats FOREVER for a lesson, so we finally gave in! We had a nice convo about Nephi and prophets and following the Lord's instructions while we built boats. We may or may not be planning to race them sometime. 

AND MY PERSONAL FAVE OF THE WEEK:

4. So like I've been saying for a couple of weeks, we've been spending a LOT of time on the streets! Well anyways . . . we start talking to this man, and then eventually, we ask if he's heard of the Book of Mormon. He then says "No . . . I'm no Mormon." To which I say, "PERFECT. We're looking for people to share the Book of Mormon with!" At the time, I was mortified at what was coming out of my mouth . . . like "Hermana March, did you REALLY just say that you FOOL?!" Well the Holy Ghost must have a sense of humor and must have known that this man had a sense of humor too, because he cracked a smile, and that made me not want to crawl under a table anymore. 

The Lord is so good to us. I think He loves and blesses all of us, but there's something special about being His representative. Sometimes I'm like "wow, life is just so dang good." Life isn't good because everything is always going perfect because let's be real . . . life is NEVER perfect, but it's good because we choose to see how much the Lord loves us and is blessing us for our meager efforts! As President Uchtdorf said: "No matter our circumstances, no matter our challenges or trials, there is something in each day to embrace and cherish. There is something in each day that can bring gratitude and joy if only we will see and appreciate it." Let's all work a little bit harder to be a little more grateful for the wonderful life the Lord has blessed us with. 

Hermana March

pictures:

look! I found a MORGAN street.

just another normal day spreadin' the good word (in the middle of nowhere)

CHILE. (before it came in contact with my eyeball). 

the boats we made! 

throwback tuesday

another one.... weird that these were a YEAR ago!

okay and lastly, here's a Spanish joke brought to you by my mother: a Spanish magician says that he can make himself disappear.... he counted uno, dos, ... and he was gone. He disappeared without a tres. 

No comments:

Post a Comment