8.23.2016

"No" - A Frequent Answer this Week

So this week was super fantabulous. Like seriously. 

Here are the highlights:

1. We knocked a ton this week again . . . my favorite reaction: We're standing there at the door and the lady peeks out the window to the left of the door, so we wave. She just starts yelling, while waving her arms like crazy, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO . . . GO AWAY. GO AWAY. PLEASE GO AWAY." You'd think we were asking her for her right leg or something. 

2. I was walking down the road and kicked a dead snake.

3. We were teaching a lesson to this little old man this past Saturday. I asked him if he would be baptized if he came to feel that the things that we were teaching were true. He said no and that he'd already been baptized. So we talked a little bit about priesthood authority, and then I asked if he'd pray about it. He said yes. Then I asked "So, if God told you you need to be baptized again, would you do it?. "NO." Okay . . . well that was NOT what I was expecting. 

4. We had 60 OYMs (Open Your Mouth contacts by knocking doors or talking to people on the streets) this past week! It was awesome . . . and sweaty. But mostly awesome. 

Okay, miracle of the week! So we have an investigator names Jose . . . and well he's been taking the missionary lessons for a while now, but just didn't seem to be progressing! We kept trying to come up with what would help him, and were just drawing a blank. So basically, we had a lesson where we just asked him random questions about commandments, and found that he was struggling with the Word of Wisdom. Well, we read the promise in D&C89 with him that he would run and not be weary and walk and not faint, and that he would be better able to provide for his family. It was SOOO powerful! (especially since at the beginning of the lesson he was talking about how hard work was physically on him) Then, we came back this past Friday and he said that he had only drunk one cup of cafe, and then he said after a moment of silence, "I feel better. I feel stronger . . . I have more energy for work." THE GOSPEL IS TRUE. And, well, God's promises are sure! 

I love this work and I am so grateful to get to wear a tag that has my name paired with the Savior's every single day. It's the greatest! 

Mucho amor,

Hermana March

 me and Becky. she surprised us with a cake and it made our day.

we like whataburger water cups.... they're huge and cold and the best on hot days.

No comments:

Post a Comment