8.09.2016

Jesus Loves Me This I Know

Okay, weird title . . .  I know. I'll explain in a second. (you'll want to hear the story. . .  it's a good one!)

So this week, you could have basically called me and Hermana Oliphant homeless because of how much time we spent on the streets. Literally . . .  I'm talking like almost all day everyday we were knocking on doors and stopping random people. My feet were SO dirty by the end of the day, and I LOVED it. 

Here's my favorite story from the streets this week. We start talking to this lady and she is golden! Like everything is just clicking and we hand her the Book of Mormon . . .  and then she mentions her cat. She then proceeds to tell us that one time she found her cat praying (imagine this: her mimicking the little paws in praying position), and that she could hear the cat saying "Jesus loves me this I know, because the Bible tells me so, and watches over all the little creatures, just like me!" She was a very kind lady . . . just a kind lady with a praying cat.

I'm excited to write and update you about Jimmy, one of our miracles from last week! We had a great first lesson with him this past Sunday and we could see his preparation to hear the word. The spirit was definitely present and he accepted the invitation to baptism saying he'd be baptized if he felt these things were true. During the lesson, he told us that his friends had asked him to go out and party this past week, but remembering the conversation we had about God, he turned down the offer! He is so prepared! 

This week I've been thinking a lot about how the Lord can help us become some much more than what we are. We are weak and fall short time and time again, but He can help us. I love the story of when Jesus feeds the multitude (Matthew 14:16-20)

16 But Jesus said unto them, They need not depart; give ye them to eat.
17 And they say unto him, We have here but five loaves, and two fishes.
18 He said, Bring them hither to me.
19 And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the grass, and took the five loaves, and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he blessed, and brakeand gave the loaves to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude.
20 And they did all eat, and were filled

We all are inadequate. We all do not have sufficient. He simply says, "bring what you have, and I will multiply it.". He is there to help us. I have seen this time and time again on my mission. Without the Lord, my meager contribution would just be, well, meager. But WITH Him, I am able to do and be so much more. I love my Savior. Let's all try to just have the faith to bring what we have, and let Him multiply it. 

Love you all so much. Just know I'm smiling from ear to ear because I love you, this work, and the Lord!

Hermana March

Who celebrates a hard day of knocking doors with snow cones? We do.

our fave pups that line the gate when they see our car pull up


The river is so pretty. The rio grande.





No comments:

Post a Comment