7.19.2016

I am so grateful for my Savior

What a week this has been . . . seriously. 

1. So here this neck of the woods in good ole New Mexico, we've had the biggest heat wave there's been in like 20 years. 25+ days of 100+ degree weather. YUCK right?! Well it finally cooled down a little with a monsoon the other day, and a HUGE wind storm. I'm talking like tumble weeds flying through the air. 

2. Speaking of the before mentioned monsoon . . . so we're at an investigator's when the neighbor's puppy that probably is about the height of my waist, breaks loose from her yard. She runs up to me and is so excited that she jumps up to give me a big ole hug. It would've been really sweet if she wasn't muddy and I wasn't wearing a white shirt. 

3. Last night at family home evening, the activity was chosen by the little 3 year old. It was the whip cream in the face game. You like sit at this little contraption and if you're unlucky it flings whip cream on to your face. Guess who the unlucky winner was? Me. 

4. So I don't know if I've said this, but our time of living in the former Catholic church is coming to a close. Sister Chavez is moving to Utah and we have found another little casita in Hatch. We'll be moving in at the end of the week! (Hopefully, we'll be saying goodbye to the huge spiders as well!). 

Okay, so this week has been a good one. Not because we had a billion people get baptized, but simply because I knew that the Lord was with us every step of the way. 

So here's an experience of the week which I think will impact me for the rest of eternity. It was Saturday and we were headed to a lesson with one of our investigators. Our first lesson was awesome with him, so we were really excited. We pull up to his house and he's sitting outside. We walk up and begin to say hello when he says "I don't want this anymore". I asked him what he meant. He said that he didn't want us coming by. He said that he had been waiting outside to tell us this and that we shouldn't waste our time. All I could do was muster the best Spanish I could and testify that this message was the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. 

I finished and he slid a plastic grocery bag across the table, and said "I don't want it. Take it". I opened it to see a copy of the Book of Mormon. Well, we get back in the car, drive a little ways down the old, bumpy, dirt road, and I couldn't help but cry. I didn't cry because I felt like he had offended me. He wasn't rejecting me, but he was rejecting the one of the greatest evidences of a loving Father in heaven. I felt sorry for him because he was missing out on such great blessings. Think of that. I wanted him so bad to have those blessings, but he wouldn't accept them. 

But now thinking about it, isn't that what Christ must feel each and every time that one of us refuses His love, His mercy, and His atoning power. I wonder if He cries like I did. I wonder if He just wishes more than anything that we'd accept the blessings He tries to bring to us. I'm sure He does. Every time I choose to not use His atonement, not use that sacrifice He made, I'm sure that He sits there and weeps. Why do we, in a sense, carefully package that huge blessing in a plastic bag and hand it back over, saying "no thanks."  It's sitting right there. Just use it. 

After this experience, I turned on the music and a song played which had a special impact that time I listened to it. Verse 2 of "We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet":

We'll sing of his goodness and mercy.
We'll praise him by day and by night,
Rejoice in his glorious gospel,
And bask in its life-giving light.
Thus on to eternal perfection
The honest and faithful will go,
While they who reject this glad message
Shall never such happiness know.

I love my Savior. I love this "glad message".  I'm eternally grateful I have the chance to share it with all that will listen, and I hope that one day, everyone will get to experience that great happiness.

Mucho amor, 

Hermana March


cute puppies

 i spy my house

the wind storm

check out that beauty

that puppy got me good. (don't worry the stain came out)

big ole puppy paw print . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment