5.03.2016

Hermana March is in...... ?

HATCH, NEW MEXICO. 

Where is that? You don't know . . .  it's okay. Half the people in Albuquerque don't even know! Good luck finding it on the map.... it's about 1,400 population and it has no stoplights. hahahahaha I went from like the craziest city area to literally the most desolate area. We live about 45 minutes away from the closest missionaries, so we're pretty deserted. We cover 2 English branches where we bring any and all investigators we can find . . . there are headphones for our Spanish investigators. This is going to be an adventure! 

But guess what? I now am livin' in a sweet old Catholic church... we live in the priest's quarters. Don't be tooooo jealous. 

Well, there were lots of exciting things that happened my last week in ABQ:

1. WE BAPTIZED JESUS. His baptism was like the sweetest thing I've ever seen. The Spirit was so strong and he just seemed so happy afterwards! 

2. It was Jesus' birthday, so we threw him a small surprise party! 

3. We went to Old Town Albuquerque... it was charming and all good things in between. 

4. I took a picture with my favorite mural in town... the whole enchilada. 

Sorry this is all over the place. I'm a little scatter brained today, but all is well! These past couple days have been the hardest for me . . . I've hated having to say goodbye to everyone I've come to love so mucho for the past 9 months, but I know the Lord has other plans for me! 

This morning before personal study I asked the Lord would help me to really learn to love this area and the people. Later in my scripture study, I received the answer to my prayer: "I know thy heart, and have heard thy prayers concerning thy brethren. Be not partial towards them in love..., but let thy love‍ be for them as for thyself; and let thy love abound unto all men, and unto all who love my name... Wherefore, whithersoever they shall send you, go ye, and I will be with you; and in whatsoever place ye shall proclaim my name an effectual‍ door shall be opened unto you, that they may receive my word." (D&C 112: 11, 19). I know the Lord will help me to truly love my brothers and sisters here, and do His work in His way.
I'm excited for the adventures of Hatch! Stay tuned for more stories and pictures!

Love you all mucho! 

Hermana March

Isn't this little place so adorable?

 the gang

 cute old town

 the sisters

  companions holla

 Jesus' bday party

 he got a picture of Jesus

 his baptism! 

here's another!

saying goodbye to my faves

 another

more

mural dreams comin' true


goodbye Hermana Butler... i kinda think we're friends! 

here's a sneak peak at my new area

No comments:

Post a Comment