4.05.2016

Let's Go

Holy moly this week has been busy. 

Well to start off here's some of the things that happened this week:

1. We went to visit this little old man who we had talked with in a parking lot one day a couple weeks ago. We go in and he says almost automatically (in Spanish of course) "what happened to you....? You've gotten tall and fat!". And this time... I didn't get called gordita... it was the big g. GORDA. Thanks, but no thanks. I have not grown tall or wide. 

2. So the Assistants to the Presidents called us 2 Fridays ago and asked if we would be willing to do a musical number for the upcoming zone conference with the missionaries. We agreed, because really you can't say no to the APs. (audio recording of the song to come next week)(we sang "Because I Have Been Given Much")

3. Well to continue off of the last story.... all missionaries were supposed to come prepared with a 5 minute talk on the Book of Mormon. Then basically they call few to talk at random. Well I was just soaking in the glory that: 1. I had done a musical number, so surely they didn't want me to do anything else, and 2. I'd give in Spanish and only about 4 other missionaries that were going to be there would understand. JOKE IS ON ME. "And now the first talk will be given by Hermana March... and her companion Hermana Butler will translate it into English, so that all of us can understand". You're kidding. But I will go and do the things which the APs command! It turned out okay!

Can I just say that this week was a week of spiritual cloud 9?! I seriously love general conference... it's gotten to the point where I think it's tied with Christmas in my books! We watched all the sessions in the chapel with a group of missionaries and I could not believe how strong the Spirit was.

Here are some of my fave quotes from conference:

"the great thing about the gospel is that we get credit for trying." Elder Holland

"to be worthy does not mean to be perfect... He knows everything about us that we don't want anyone else to know, and He still loves us." Elder Gong

The hopeful message of the gospel is that there is always tomorrow (not like the one that Elder Holland showed though . . . ). I'm talking about a hopeful tomorrow with the chance to try again--to pick ourselves up by our bootstraps and say "let's go". Heavenly Father loves us and wants us to keep trying. When we feel like we're defeated, we're listening to the wrong voice . . . we're letting Satan win. So I say, tell Satan to go away and be miserable by himself because you have the gospel. You have the light. And you're not going to let him take that away. 

I love the gospel. I know it's true. I come to find that more and more each and every day. Let your days be filled with hopeful tomorrows!

I love you to Albuquerque and back! 

Hermana March

sorry about no pictures... I promise double next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment