3.08.2016

Temples and burgers... what more could an hermana ask for?

NOTHING. 

I know what you're all thinkin' right now... that little lady who calls Hermana March gordita must be right... she likes burgers way too much. NO. It's just that yesterday was basically a day sent from heaven. AND we even got to clean the temple yesterday too! 

temple + burgers + missionaries = the bomb.com

Okay I'll get to all the details about the temple, but here are the funny stories:

1. We were teaching a lesson and talking about prophets when one of the men asked if I would pray to know if he was the prophet... ugh, that was a little awkward. 

2. Well we're talking to this lady and she goes "you're hermana March, right?" and so what do I do? I look down at my nametag to double check. Wow. I can't even remember my name. EVEN WORSE? I was wasn't even wearing my nametag... and it was 4pm... that's awkward. 

Good news: our little old man investigator Jose Blanco got baptized on Saturday!

So back to the temple.... it was seriously the best. The temple opens on Monday (when it's normally closed) and it's just missionaries. And we only get to go twice a year, SO IT'S A BIG DEAL. 

There is such a special spirit there. To me it's like stepping into a temporary heaven. It's as close as we can get during this life. The temple is a place of revelation and peace. As missionaries, and especially since we're only able to go twice a year, we are invited to think of questions and ask them while we are there. So I thought of a couple and I was ready to go. 

I won't tell you what my questions were, but I WILL tell you that I got my answer. While  we were in the chapel waiting to start, I prayed to Heavenly Father that he would answer my prayers during the course of my time in the temple today. I then grabbed the scriptures and opened them up to a random page. It flipped open to D&C 98, and I began to read. The first 2 verses were exactly what I needed to hear.

"1 Verily I say unto you my friends, fear not, let your hearts be comforted; yea, rejoice evermore and in everything give thanks;
2 Waiting patiently on the Lord, for your prayers have entered into the ears of the Lord of Sabbaoth, and are recorded with this seal and testament--the Lord hath sworn and decreed that they shall be granted."

Remember that personal revelation is real.  If you need a question answered, ASK IT! Heavenly Father will answer it in His own time and in His own way, but it will come!

I love you all more than empanadas!
Hermana March

okay here is the best part of the emails... the pictures! 

 Sisters Libbey & Ereti

okay, bad comp picture, but it'll do

the elders (or most of them) 

Sister Libby is from the Bay Area and goes home in 2 weeks. We're friends. 
She went to Rucker Lake for girls camp too! 

the zone minus a few, plus a couple random

 one of the cute sisters we were over, who is now in El Paso!

 the Edwards... so fun to meet them! Such a small world! 


The funniest human being on planet earth, Sister Johnson

 one of our fave families in the branch

Mexican ladies are serious about their cooking

their mom said she uses the spoon as a disciplinary tool

 hey batta batta swing

sunsets in abq are da best


No comments:

Post a Comment