3.01.2016

KNOCK KNOCK. Who's there?

EVERYONE. BUT THEY JUST WON'T OPEN THE STINKIN' DOOR. 

Hello folks. It's once again been a great week here in ABQ! The snow has melted, the sun is shining, and there are lots of souls to save! What more could I ever ask for?!

So... where does the title of my email come from? Well, we've been hitting the pavement a lot this week. It 's something that I honestly dreaded at the beginning of my mission. Like, if I was a normal human being, I'd probably think it's weird for 2 girls in skirts to be knocking on my door. Well I ain't normal and we have to share the gospel! Anyways, this past week we had a LOT of people either not answer the door when they were obviously home. Or my favorite of the week? She opens the door, laughs, and then closes it without saying anything.  

This week was seriously so busy. I think I probably looked like a chicken with its head cut off, running around looking crazy. We had personal interviews with President Miller, two 24-hour exchanges with our sisters, and the best week teaching-wise in basically in the history of this area!

I want to share just a little bit of a lesson that happened this past week. We have an investigator who is struggling with depression and anxiety, and is just having a really hard time. Last week we had left her with Mosiah 24 to read. I love the story of Alma and his people - and their faith that got them through their trials. The investigator just related to it. She said like she was the people of Alma and that this story showed her that there is light at the end of the tunnel. 

 Here's my favorite verse of the chapter: (Mosiah 24:15) You all should read the rest of the chapter this week! 

"And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord."


It seems our little branch is growing bigger and stronger every week through efforts of reactivation and missionary work. Since the branch got split at the end of January, the branch attendance size has practically doubled... going from 20 to 41 in just a little over a month!

Oh and a big FELIZ CUMPLEANOS to mi hermano, Kyle, el viajito! Estoy bromeando! 

Love you all and hope you have the best week ever! It's March afterall, so it must be a good month (did you get that? Sometimes I think I'm funny)

Hermana MARCH



p-day fun with the elders in our district

and another...

 the cutest puppy ever


the beautiful ABQ mountains

No comments:

Post a Comment