2.09.2016

Hola hola hola

Well hello hello hello. Thank you for tuning into another episode of "A Week In the Life of Hermana March". I hope that this satisfies your need to hear about mission life for the next 7 days.

Okay, to start off, this week's email might be kinda short. (I know, count your many blessings, right?). I'm just so incredibly lazy this morning. And my fingers don't want to type... so I think they're going to win this battle. 

1. We're having this nice conversation with this nice man we've met before... we spend a LOT of time in his neighborhood. He's Catholic, but we're still good friends. Well yesterday he told us that he wants to have us in the family forever, so he offered us his sons for marriage. (Umm, I didn't know we were still in the olden days... and plus, doesn't it normally work the other way around?). Well anyways, what a thoughtful man, right? So he's like you'll (Hermana Quist) have son A and you'll (me) have son B. He then pauses, looks at me and says, "The younger one is 12 right now, but that way when you're old and have a cane, you'll have someone to help you." I politely declined that idea.... 

2. I don't think I've ever told yall this, so here it goes. Remember, Jesus #2...? The 2nd Jesus I baptized? Well he has this thing where every time he sees me now, he just busts up laughing. He then looks to my companion, like she's a part of this secret inside joke about me (but she has no clue what it is). Yeah it's probably the funniest thing I've ever seen. He's just the best little 70-year old man ever. He passes the Sacrament to me on Sundays, and I think it takes every ounce of self-control he has not to laugh.

So this week we had to have some "pass-off" lessons. That's where the old set of missionaries and the new set teach a lesson to an investigator together to kinda transition them to the new missionaries. Well, we had to do this with 2 of my favorite investigators this week, and we were the ones giving them away. Miguel and Jose are getting baptized within the next couple weeks and it broke my heart to leave them. They're seriously both the nicest little men I have ever met. Miguel has been investigating the church for 2 years and Jose for over 40 years. AND THEIR FINALLY GETTING BAPTIZED AND I'M GOING TO MISS IT. I'm obviously sad. (look at how kind-looking they are in the pictures below! Sorry these pictures are really bad haha)

As Sister Training Leaders, each month we choose a focus to help our sisters. This month it is eliminating discouragement with hope. While Elder Randall K. Bennett of the Seventy was here, he said something that really helped me. He said, "If I had the gift of hope, I would never choose to be discouraged." Well, what's your definition of hope? In Preach My Gospel, hope is defined as the trust in God that He will fulfill His promises to His faithful children. So if we have trust in the Lord that He will take care of us (hope), we never need to be discouraged... isn't that so simple yet amazingly profound?! Don't choose to be discouraged... have the hope, the trust, that God WILL fulfill His promises to you! Because He always does.

Les quiero y espero que tengan un buen dia! 

Hermana March


Us + Miguel! (trailers don't have the best picture lighting)

Jose... he was mid laugh. 

So driving downtown and there walks police horses... highlight of the week. 
ABQ policing in style.

No comments:

Post a Comment