12.14.2015

Hola…………………………...

Okay. Well wow. What a week. I can't even really comprehend how much has happened this past week, so be sure to stay with me... it may be a little long, but I promise it'll be worth it. Okay, it might still be boring.... sorry, but not sorry. 


I'll jump right in to the GOOD stuff. And believe me... there's lots of that this week. 


1. Albuquerque ain't getting rid of me anytime soon! I'm here to stay for another 7 weeks! Oh and we also are covering 2 stakes and 2 branches now after before mentioned split. Holla for lots of work. 


2. Imagine this.... it's around 5pm on a Saturday afternoon. We knock on a door and begin to sing melodious strains of heavenly Christmas music. When wait... what's that? Nothing. No ones home. Okay, let's move on to the next house. Here we go again... well we're singing to a closed door still, but we see a movement to our right. We look. And well, well, well. If it isn't someone sneaking out of the previously "empty" house. We make awkward eye contact and she bolts for the car. Gets in and backs down the driveway in a matter of seconds. We stand in disbelief and then you know what?! It starts pouring rain. Instantly. Yup, that's our life. 


3. Fast forward like 15 minutes from previous story. It's pouring rain, but we keep on singing... Satan isn't stopping us from spreading Christmas cheer. We finally get a door to answer, and we're once again about halfway through the song, and the lady goes "What are you doing? I don't have time... and oh yeah, I'm an unbeliever" and closes the door right on our freezing faces. 


Side note: Like 20 minutes later that rain turned into snow.... coming down on our heads... while we were singing. I was miserable. 

4. We're sitting at our investigators table. Everything is going completely a-ok when his little brother runs up to me and says "why are you here?". "Uhhhhh well we're teaching your brother about Jesus". Little boy: "oh well... my mom hides from you in the bathroom... she thinks you're weird". The look on our investigator's face was golden. It's okay... outta the mouth of babes. #proudtobeweird


5. So every week as a zone we go to the local food bank  to help out. Ya know, some good ole service. Well we get there are sorting through some nasty food. I mean like poke the vegetable and your finger goes right on through. Well the camera crew from the local ABQ news came to interview the workers... and bam. There's 20 missionaries in the background. HOLLA for good publicity for the church. And oh yeah, we're famous. 


6. A group of like 16 of us went caroling in the Target parking lot this week. (Target, I've decided, is like my own personal great and spacious building... so beautiful and slendid). Well, we sing and sing, and someone threw a bag of Hershey kisses at us, so that was cool. 


Caroling in the Target parking lot

7. We had a branch Christmas party this week and WE HAD 6 INVESTIGATORS SHOW UP! It was seriously the best feeling ever. There was pasole y tamales and everything good food. And good music... oh the day that I can listen to Mexican music and not feel guilty? That'll be the day!

Pictures from la fiesta!


8. CHURCH GOT CANCELLED BECAUSE OF LIKE 5 INCHES OF SNOW. LIKE WHEN DOES THAT EVEN HAPPEN?! The people in ABQ are a little wimpy when it comes to snow. 
the snow that canceled church

Okay enough with all that... here's some of the other wonderful things about this week! 

We had the chance to hear from Elder Randall K. Bennett of the 70 this week. Because of the leadership meetings before and afterwards, I had the chance to listen to him for 13 hours in one day. I can't even begin to describe the things that I learned... I mean I could try, but that would be an essay. I have 7 full pages of notes. 

So I'll spare you a little bit, and just briefly talk about my favorite part. He talked about how "if we're not giving our whole heart to the Lord now, when will we ever?" and it made me feel a new sense of gratitude to be serving a mission and a determination to do it right - to not let anything get in the way of my service to my Savior. I think even though most of yall aren't on a full time mission, it's applicable. What can we each be doing better to more fully give your heart to the Lord? Is it keeping the Sabbath day a little more holy? Is it giving up that favorite tv show that might have questionable standards? Is it being a little more patient with others? Is is serving someone because you want to instead of being forced to? Whatever it is, I pray that we can achieve it. And with the Savior on our side, OF COURSE WE CAN. 


If only I could tell you all the miracles that I've seen this week, but I think I've written too much already. I wish that each and every one of you could spend a day with me in the mission field. I think it'd knock your socks off with how many miracles and tender mercies are packed into our 16 hour work day. Just know that I am so humbled and grateful to be here... here are 2 scriptures that perfectly describe my feelings lately. They're from Alma 26 (yes again, okay I love that chapter.)

15 Yea, they [(the people of their mission field)] were encircled about with everlasting darkness and destruction; but behold, he has brought them into his everlasting light, yea, into everlasting salvation; and they are encircled about with the matchless bounty of his love; yea, and we have been instruments in his hands of doing this great and marvelous work.
 16 Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel.

I love you all and hope you have a great week! 
Hermana March 

 my snow angel…. 
   
My snowball and christmas treeeeeeeeeeeeee

The complete christmas tree... ain't it the cutest?!

No comments:

Post a Comment