11.27.2015

We gotta baptism, we gotta baptism, we gotta baptism, hey hey hey.

WELL YOU MAY HAVE GUESSED IT, BUT WE GOTTA BAPTISM.


Okay, I know you're dying to hear about the baptism... because ya should be. But stay with me for a second while I tell you of the other fun adventures of the week. 


1. Well picture this.... we're at the baptism... well afterwards in the cultural hall. There's cake and treats, and well, we're all chatting and having a grand time. Anyways, one of the sisters in the branch asked us if we wanted cake... uh, of course we want cake. When all of a sudden, this little old lady from the branch turns around the corner with the biggest grin I've ever seen and says "hermana no debe comer el pastel... estas gordando" (aka "hermana, you shouldn't eat the cake... you're getting fat). Shocked at the grin on her face, I ask "yo?" ("me?"). Her grin gets even bigger and says "si... tu estas gordando." ("yes... you are getting fat."). If you haven't guessed, she's the same lady as the first time... she just loves to tell me I'm fat I guess. 

2. During a lovely conversation with this interesting old man on the street, I decided that we needed to go. He was kinda creepy and kept saying really strange things to us. Well the normal thing to do is kinda slyly tap your companion's foot with yours... the silent communication of "it's time to go". Well I kept kicking her and she obviously wasn't getting the message. So I quickly look down and let out a little (not really) scream. THERE WAS A DEAD PIGEON... THAT'S WHAT I KEPT KICKING. And then said old man proceeded to do a punt-kick of the bird. Yeah... I don't even know what to think. 

3. We had another lovely conversation with an older man from Europe on the street. He started rambling about a ton of strange things to us and conspiracy theories... when we tried to end the conversation, he'd just be like "one second... one more thing". Well 30 minutes goes by and we get a phone call.... #savinggrace. We politely told him we needed to run and then of course, went to end with a signature missionary handshake. He shakes my companion's hand just fine... but for me, well he had another agenda in mind... he grabs my hand and gives it a nice big slobbery kiss. I thought I was about to die. 

4. Ya know, in elementary school, I always wanted to find a word that rhymed with Morgan. Because who doesn't want a word to rhyme with their first name. Well, the only one I could ever think of was organ... but how exciting is that?! Well it's finally exciting... because now, MORGAN PLAYS THE ORGAN. That's right folks, I'm playing the organ. Every Sunday. Watch out because in 13 months, my skills will blow your mind.

Okay on to the good stuff about my favorite people named JESUS! Because there's 3 of them that I love! Jesus Christ and Jesus Amaro (convert #1) and Jesus Mireles (convert #2). 

So his baptism was basically perfect! (Except the fat comment, but that's it!). We had lots of recent converts and less actives who participated, which was so special to see! One of my favorite moments was when Jesus (#1) prayed and bore his testimony of his conversion for the first time ever in public. (He's the one who got baptized October 9th). His testimony brought tears to my eyes as he talked about the "blessed missionaries" that forever changed his life with the gospel. These people are going to forever have a huge chunk of my heart. 

I think my favorite moment of the whole thing was when Jesus (#2) came up out of the water. He looked around at the people there with a grin on his face, but when we made eye contact and I gave him a thumbs up, his grin doubled. His joy was so full... the light in his eyes couldn't be contained. When I saw that face, I was overwhelmed with the idea of the same joyous look that'll be on each one of our faces as we are welcomed into the loving arms of Jesus Christ, our Savior, that day when we return home. The joy that can't be dimmed by afflictions or pains. The happiness that can only be achieved through a knowledge of the great plan of salvation. 

I love this gospel. Each and every day I am coming to realize a little bit more how much it means to me. And that's already a lot... I mean I'm giving 18 months of my life to it. 

Since this week is Thanksgiving, I just want to say thanks to you all for everything. Whether we email every week or not at all, I want you to know that you've made an impact on my life. One thing I am ever more sure of now that I'm on my mission, is the role that God plays in putting people in your path. Just think of the hymn, "Each Life That Touches Mine For Good" and know that I think that way about each of you. 

Love you all mucho para siempre

Hermana March


here are some more... ugh I love 'em!


No comments:

Post a Comment