10.27.2015

Let It Rain & Let the Lower Lights Keep Burning

Can I just say that I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY. Okay, now we may proceed...


So this week was pretty dang good if I may say so myself. We had lots of miracles, laughs, and well, just strange moments. 


1. This week we were talking to this random person and they started talking about me to my companion like I couldn't understand... and then I started talked talking back to them in Spanish... that was awkward for all. 


2. Well, everyday we go and check the mail hoping to have a letter or something. It just so happens that the only time we have to check the mail is when we're leaving after our morning studies, and that just so happens to be when the mailman is there. Everyday he laughs at us when we ask "have you put all the letters in?" and the truth is we have no letters. Well yesterday, I got a package and he was like "Look you've gotta package!" when he saw us walkin' up. Yup we're good friends.



3. One night after dinner, the mom of the family said that either me or their 11 year old son would have to do the dishes. So we decided that arm wrestling was the way to decide. Well, we were set to arm wrestle and then he proceeded to comment on my large hands... he then declared that I had bigger, more manly, and rougher hands than his older sister's boyfriend who was also sitting at the table. I don't know who was more embarassed... me at having "manly" hands or the boyfriend for having "girly" hands. 


4. IT POURED RAIN THIS WEEK. And that didn't stop us. Trudging around in the pouring rain for hours is what life is all about as a missionary. Plus you get to wear a raincoat, that's a bonus.





Okay, okay, here's the really good stuff!



We went to the temple yesterday! It was probably the greatest thing ever. The Spirit in the temple is always amazing, but shove a ton of missionaries in there, and man. I didn't realize how much I had missed being able to go to the temple until yesterday. I have a testimony of temple attendance because I know and feel how it blesses lives. I am SO glad that I made it a priority to attend while I was home because I have so much more understanding and power in my life because of it. If you are able to go to the temple, please take advantage of it. Whatever you have sacrifice to get to the temple, whether that be sin or time, it's totally and completely worth it. The promised blessing in the temple are the reasons we came to earth. This is God's plan for his children. 


I've come to love the hymn "Brightly Beams" this week. We are given the light from our Heavenly Father and he expects us to help shine some of that light to help others. I feel so incredibly blessed to be able to help share the light of the gospel with others all day every as a full time missionary. But besides being a full time missionary, one of the best ways that we can share that light is by being happy, truly happy. And true happiness comes to those who keep the commandments of God. So keep the commandments of God, be happy, and help lift those around you. 

Share your light, you'll brighten someone's day! "This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine!"


Love you mucho!


Hermana March

 Early morning selfie…..

Look who I got to see!! HERMANA DEARDEN!!!!!


Our whole zone

 ….and random hooligans

No comments:

Post a Comment