10.18.2015

Un otro semana en la vida de Hermana March

Okay folks... what a week it has been! Here's a heads up that this might be a little scattered, but please stay with me... it'll be worth it. Okay well I can't really promise that either, but yeah... I at least know my mom will read this #thestruggle

Well to start off, this week was transfers! I now have a new companion named Hermana Quist! She is from Washington, about an 1.5 hours north of Seattle. She is 25 years old and we are pretty much like two peas in a pod. We even have the same birthday, the best day ever... February 12th #hollaforcompanionshipunity


Ummm, well I apologize for not having a lot of funny adventures to tell. Basically the same old, same old. Drunk men in the ghettos cat calling, lots of food, and preaching the good word. Oh just kidding, who am I lying to.... the highlight of the week was definitely getting chased down by an old guy in an electric wheelchair. That's an unexplainable story over email... stay tuned and I'll tell you in 15 months! (p.s. I hit 3 months... where is time going? and how can I make it stop?)


Oh here's an impromptu one... the man sitting next to me in the library just told me about how he'd been "locked up" for a long time. Why is this not the first time someone has told me they've been in jail on my mission? The nametag.... there's something about it and us that must say "hey, we love all people, so feel free to tell us all of your life secrets". Oh well... there could be worse things in life. #hangingwiththugs

Can I get a hallelujah that this week is the 3 baptisms?! Jesus, Martin, and Sara will all be baptized this Friday night! I am so excited... like pee my skirt excited. (you know, because you can't pee your pants when you wear a skirt 24/7). I have come to have such a deep love for these 3 in such a short amount of time... I know it can only be because I am trying my best to have charity for everyone and bring them to the true source of happiness!



I just loved general conference this past weekend. I am continually amazed at how light my heart feels and how my spirits are lifted after hearing the words of our beloved prophet, apostles, and other leaders. I went into general conference with a couple questions on my mind. And within minutes, they began to be answered. The Lord knows us personally and somehow we always receive the answers to questions. 


I really related to Elder Schwitzer's talk... he said something to the effect that the gospel will be familiar sounding to many if we take a stand and testify... it's familiar because they know it from the premortal life. It's really amazing to see this everyday here on the mission. The people we teach and testify to get a light in their eye when they hear our message. It's because it feels like home.... it just makes sense. 


Well here I am, wrapping up another letter. I love and thank all of you for the continual support I receive. I am humbled by the responsibility I have as a missionary, but I know that the Lord calls the weak and simple. He calls me not because of what I have done, but what I can do if I do it his way. I am the clay in the potter's hands. 

Think of a scripture to ponderize in your heart this week. I'm choosing Mosiah 2:41*, so if you don't have one, copy mine and email me about how it helped you this week!

Love,
Hermana March


Oh, and here's a picture of the new companion!

*Mosiah 2:41: And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.

No comments:

Post a Comment