8.16.2015

SEMANA 6

That's right boys and girls. It's week 6. 

I can't believe how fast time has flown by. On Monday morning, I will be headed back to the good ole USofA. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. I cannot wait to speak to actual humans, see real lives change, and watch hearts be touched. The work of the Lord is awesome, and I can't wait to share the good news of Jesus Christ with them. 

A quick summary of the funny highlights of the week: 

1. MIDDLE PART MONDAY. Yes. Our district has been planning it since week 1. We would all middle part our hair on the last Monday of the CCM. Well the time came and it happened. All the elders participated, but Hermana Kamalu refused hahaha. She said her hair isn't meant to be parted that way. Well let me just say that none of the elders' hair is meant to be parted that way either. It was probably one of the funniest things I've seen. (pictures below... don't ask me about the choice of poses for the elders). The funniest part was that probably close to 10 other elders from other zones and districts started sporting the middle part too. It was the talk of the CCM. 

2. My companion and I do yoga during gym time about once or twice a week, and quite frequently the Elders make fun of it because "it's easy and girly". Well one day they decided to join us and show us "how easy yoga is". Well we choose a day, and bam. District yoga. They died physically and for the hermanas, we died from laughter. One of the elders kept yelling "what kind of sick human makes this stuff up?!" or "your body should not be able to twist like that". One of the elders who is going to play college football when he gets home was shaking during lunge poses... I think they respect us a little bit more now. 

Okay, this week has been pretty awesome spiritually too:

1. We got the chance to listen to a message from Elder Holland. He talked about "the divine companionship". The "divine companionship" always involves the Holy Ghost. We constantly need the Holy Ghost as our companion in this life. Without it, we are spiritually lost. We no longer are in tune with the will of the Father and of the Savior. On my mission it is especially important that I learn to have the Holy Ghost with me at all times. I may not know the needs of someone else, but the Spirit does and can let me know if I am paying attention.  

2. I had the opportunity to lead our district Book of Mormon discussion. While we were reading in 3 Nephi 27, I came across a scripture that made me think of what the Savior would do if I met Him this very instance. In verse 30, Jesus Christ says "And now, behold, my joy is full, even unto fulness, because of you". In that moment, I was overwhelmed with the love of the Savior for me, as well as each of us, and how full of joy He is when we do what is right. He loves us no matter what, but has complete and utter joy when we do His will. 

I hope that that can be everyone's goal this week. Do what is right so that the Savior could look at you and say that His "joy is great, even unto fulness, because of you". I know the Lord lives and loves us. Following Him is the only way to real happiness. I begin to understand that more and more each day when I'm in His service. 


Hermana March. 


It's "Middle Part Monday".  Clearly not the most attractive hair style!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment