7.28.2015

STILL ALIVE IN THE CCM

Well hola mis amigas around the world. I have survived another week in the CCM and it's looking up every single day. It's still awesome here and I love it! 

In the highlight of non-spiritual things this week:

1. We watched the movie "Legacy" with the entire CCM. There´s a quick kiss scene and EVERYONE went wild. It´s like we´ve been out of the real world for a while. Oh, how truly awkward missionaries really are. 

2. Okay so one of the elders bought a "poweraid" drink type thing for the hermanas. I took the first sip and it was NOT "poweraid". It was the grossest thing I had ever tasted. Turns out, there was pickle juice in there. I HATE PICKLES. MEXICO IS CRUEL. 

3. We had to walk clear across the CCM in the pouring rain and I had forgotten my umbrella and raincoat. When we got to the devotional, it looked like I had just gotten out of the shower and . . . yeah. 

4. Our district had a little bit of a momentary mental breakdown on Saturday morning. We were all stressed because we had a million things to do. One elder was under the back counter in the fetal position. His companion was staring straight ahead singing to himself. The other elder was talking in Spanish to himself. And the other elder was just staring at the floor. Hermana Kamalu and I were crying from laughing. It kinda seemed like a scene straight out of a horror film.

Now on to the spiritual awesomeness this week:

So we have an investigator--aka our teacher--now. But before we knew he was our teacher, I was able to bear my testimony to him. It was a very simple testimony, but I told him why I was on a mission. I told him that I knew God loved him and that was why I served a mission. Because I wanted people to know that God loves them. It was an amazing moment to be able to tell someone my reason for serving in another language that I have been learning for 10 days. Oh and I HAVE TAUGHT 3 LESSONS TO PEOPLE WITH ZERO NOTES OR ANYTHING WRITTEN DOWN IN SPANISH. I literally went in with my scriptures in hand and went with what the Spirit was telling me to say. 

This week was definitely a week of learning. I think I am more humble now than I have ever been in my whole entire life. Spanish is tough to learn and speak, but I am doing it with the help of the Lord. Whenever I am feeling down or upset or stressed I turn to Doctrine and Covenants 6:33-35. I LOVE THIS SCRIPTURE. There is nothing that we cannot do with Lord on our side. 

I love you all. You are the best.

Read Doctrine and Covenants 6:33-35 and remember that you have no need to fear!

Peace. Love. Preach.

Hermana March

Here is a picture with my favorite part of my outfit everyday


No comments:

Post a Comment