7.20.2015

HOLA FROM THE CCM

Well this week at the CCM has been.... okay I LOVE IT! It does smell a little funny here in Mexico, they have beans and meat for every meal (including breakfast... uhhh okay?), and "cannons" that go off every night and then sirens start wailing, but it's awesome! Oh and mom don't freak about the "cannons" they're either fireworks or guns, but there are 10 feet walls surrounding the compound that keep us nice and cozy here in the CCM. 

But really, the CCM is the heaven on Earth. Everyone is so nice here even when I can't understand what they're saying exactly. There is always a cloud cover which makes the days perfect in temperature and rainy at night. Last night, there was a huge thunder and lightening storm. Seriously one of the prettiest thing this Hermana's eyes have ever seen. Oh and then there was a teeny tiny earthquake yesterday afternoon during one of our study times which freaked out a lot of the kids who had never been in an earthquake before. 

So my companion is Hermana Kamalu from St. George Utah. She's headed to Arizona, Scottsdale. We have become fast friends and are so similar, it's really scary. Our district includes two other companionships of elders, and they are HILARIOUS. Two of the elders are going with Hermana Kamalu to Arizona and the other two are headed to Omaha Nebraska. They are all younger than me and only one of them is 19, the other are 18. I think there have been one too many times where they have made me cry because of laughing. Even though they're kinda crazy, their testimonies are so pure and strong. A lot of them are truly converted to the Lord. They're awesome examples to me.

Oh and today we got to go to the temple! It's about 40 minutes away by a very frightening bus ride through the heart of Mexico city. The temple is under construction, so we can't go in, but we got to walk around.

I honestly have never been more tired than I am right now. Being on a mission is constantly go go go go go go, but I've never been happier. One of the speakers here said go to bed exhausted because that means you're giving it all to the Lord and man is that true. Last Wednesday when I put my name tag on, it was a surreal moment. I could not stop smiling. The moment you put Christ's name on your chest you are bearing it to all the world. But the coolest part about that is the fact that when we wear the nametag almost 24/7, Christ and his name become our companion. He's there with us every single step of the way. That name badge eternally and permanently connects my name to His. It reminds me of the way our names our engraved on the palms of Christ's hands because of the Atonement and his suffering on the cross. That's something I can't quite describe... there's no words to express how amazing that is.

I love you all. Thanks for the love and support I have felt from all of you over the years. 
Say your prayers and remember to be a little more like Christ!

Peace. Love. Preach.
Hermana Morgan March

THE TEMPLE!



The 3 hermanas headed to Albuquerque right off the plane... aka why we look like death.


Me and Hermana Kamula

The District

The CCM!!








No comments:

Post a Comment